5.20.2009

The Dark Knight (2008)


directed by Christopher Nolan
with: Christian Bale, Heath Ledger, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Michael Caine, Aaron Eckhart, Morgan Freeman, Cillian Murphy, Gary Oldman 

I think I consider The Dark Knight to be the best superhero movie ever made. It has to be. I mean with all the marketing that it got and all the high expectations and all the money invested in it, it wasn't allowed to disappoint. And yes, Heath Ledger's acting does a lot of the work. It is supreme and is not overrated as some would say. He did a fine job, and so did the rest of the cast. What I don't like a lot about the movie is that it has unnecessary action scenes and it is way too long. When I feel like watching it again I just prefer not too. It's too intense and long, it's exhausting. In general terms, Christopher Nolan keeps doing good movies and I'm perfectly fine with that. 

Recommended. 
Rating: 8.25/10

3 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

The way I personally see it, this movie doesn't deal with good versus evil superheroness. It instead portraits far more abstract -and less black and white- themes: those of order and chaos. In Batman Begins Batman started off as an avenger of personal misdeeds and gradually became an agent of general justice. In this film he ascends to the role of pure balance, becoming more an idea embodied rather than a man disguised. He counteracts what the Joker represents, something he even mentions to be: a wild card. He is not evil. He is not insane. He is not bored. He is merely a concept made flesh, he is fucking chaos; and to see Batman force himself into becoming one as well, to equal the ante, is what this movie is all about.

Nice blog Kebab! I really miss you, by the way.

ps: qué tan teto es que mi único comment sea de batman? según yo lo es mucho

Bob Clapes said...

Thank you for you comment Julio. I like your point of view and I completely agree with what you are saying and that is probably why the Dark Knight feels so different and adult, because it deals with ideas of maturity and self discovery.

ps. medio teto, pero esta bien, i miss you too.