5.14.2009

Wes Anderson (1969- )

Anderson is an extremely creative filmmaker. His story lines are simple, yet reach the most complex depths of the human soul. His movies are character-driven, absurd and weird, yet appear to be normal, always with a moral behind. He builds a safe world for the tormented and psychologically challenged characters so they can interact and be accepted. He generally works with a similar group of people creating a constant atmosphere that only Anderson could achieve. His movies are about empathy and tolerance of human behaviors. He is extremely meticulous and detailed, uses vivid colors and dry humor.

"I want to try not to repeat myself. But then I seem to do it continuously in my films. It's not something I make any effort to do. I just want to make films that are personal, but interesting to an audience. I feel I get criticized for style over substance, and for details that get in the way of the characters. But every decision I make is how to bring those characters forward." -W.Anderson

List of Movies:
Rushmore (1998)
The Royal Tenenbaums (2001)

Rating: 8.5/10

No comments: